Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Glimpse Into a Tired, Pregnant Mind

(Yes, mom, minds can be pregnant.)

First, you need to know: The Sims 3 came out on Tuesday. I have been playing it pretty much ever since. One of my Sims aspires to be a chef, and so I spend a lot of time making her cook and read new recipes. One of the recipes she's able to learn is ambrosia. The word/food has stuck in my head for the past couple days, because I think it's funny that The Sims people included a mythical meal in their game. This isn't out of the ordinary; just one of the things I like so much about The Sims.

This morning, "FashionAmbrosia" added me on Twitter. This put the word ambrosia into my head again, which made me think of The Sims, and then made me think of Monk and Mr. Monk's brother. Although Monk's brother is actually named Ambrose, my tired, pregnant mind remembered it as Ambrosia, and I thought it odd that the writers would give Adrian's brother a weird, food name.

This is where it gets silly. For some reason, my tired, pregnant (and hungry, as always) mind thought, "Hm, I wonder if there are any good food names for our baby?" ("Food baby" anyone?) "After all, the Monk writers thought it was a great idea to use a food name for one of their characters, so it must be genius! Let me think..." What cracked me up was the first "name" that popped into mind, and the fact that I didn't think it was crazy right away. It was, of course, something I have been craving every day for weeks. "Bread pudding..." I thought. It sat there for a moment. I then realized the absolutely insane things I was letting myself think, and came here to tell you all about it.

The end.

3 comments: