Tuesday, June 9, 2009

27 Weeks

According to some, this week marks the beginning of my third trimester. However, I've also heard that trimester 3 doesn't start until week 28. So, who knows. Either way, it's getting really close to my due date!

Next Monday, my brother and sister in law are coming to visit. I am super crazy excited to see them and take prego pics with Larissa! Although, she is a tiny and cute prego. I could probably eat her for lunch.

Also, I think I finally felt Bean have hiccups! It doesn't feel like hiccups, though - it feels like Bean is having a seizure. I asked around, though, and that was the answer I got. Plus all the prego websites say that hiccups usually start around now. The other suggestions I got for the weird shaky sensations are that Bean is dreaming, stretching or just jittery because his/her nervous system is still underdeveloped.

How I'm Feeling
Still pretty fabulous, although it seems as if my few weeks of energy are coming to an end already. I don't know if I'm tired from Donner Lake, tired from coming down with a pesky cold, tired from anemia or tired from basic pregnancy. Whatever it is, it's there. Thankfully, I am still sleeping well!

What Bean's Doing
(taken from pregnancyhut.com)

The baby is about 14.5 inches long and weighs over two pounds by now. The baby’s skin is wrinkled by floating in water and will remain this way until a few weeks after the baby is born as the skin slowly stretches out. The retina develops normal layers which later help in the reception of light images. These layers receive light and images and transmit the information to the brain for interpretation. The membrane that used to cover your baby’s eyes will separate at this stage to form eyelids. A new visual discovery begins for the baby and the baby’s eyes are mostly blue at this stage which will change into their true color some time after birth. The baby also develops a waking and sleeping pattern which might not be the same as your cycle. Some experts believe that the baby begins to dream by the 28th week. No one knows what they dream about but the brain remains active and the characteristic grooves on the brain surface start appearing with the development of more brain tissues. You might experience the baby hiccupping quite frequently now as the baby’s lungs are maturing and the baby is learning to breathe normally.

Cravings

  • Brownies/chocolate (TJ had to stop on the way to Donner to get me brownies - they were AMAZING!)
  • Corned beef
  • Cake
  • Other stuff that I can't remember, but it was probably sugary and bad for me...

2 comments:

  1. Time is flying by! I've read 27 weeks is third tri, but either way you are getting closer and closer to the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't eat me. I'll bring you brownies!

    ReplyDelete