Tuesday, June 2, 2009

26 Weeks

My pregnancy brain is in full force today, so forgive me if I forget something cool or say something stupid.

We are heading to Donner Lake this weekend, and I am so excited! I just checked out the weather and it is going to be COLD. I can't wait. :D Also, more exciting news...The Sims 3 came out today! My beloved husband is going to pick it up for me so I can play tonight. YAY!

Bean is currently rolling around my stomach. It's such an odd sensation. Even though I'm used to it now, it is still amazing every time I stop to think about it. I do love feeling Bean from the inside, but I still think it's super cool to feel the movements with my hands.

How I'm Feeling
Quite well! I am beginning to feel more aches and pains, especially in the middle of the night, but they're not too bad. I have developed a little waddle that cracks me up when I notice it. I'm still sleeping soundly (thank God!) and eating like it's my job. Bean is a hungry baby!

What Bean's Doing
(taken from baby-gaga.com)

At long last, your little swimmer can see the womb! Your miracle’s little eyelids have finally separated (they were fused closed previously) and they’re probably having their first moments of sight as you read this (or maybe it already happened while you were brushing your teeth or watching Oprah or something). In addition to seeing their little studio in your belly, they’ve recently acquired the ability to say “yes” and “no” in rudimentary sign language as they can now move their head back and forth. This is also the time where your little super star’s head hair is starting to grow! A cute little cowlick or two may be springing into position right now, getting ready for years of cute-but-stubborn bed-head. Also, their toenails have grown in and you little raisin continues to slowly pile up fat beneath their still-loose skin. Most importantly, brain tissue and neurons are all developing at a rapid pace, increasing their (genius-level?) brain activity and will continue to function at accelerated levels for the first seven to eight years of childhood!

(I also read that the placenta is getting to be as big as the baby. That is SCARY to think about!)

Cravings
  • Breakfast burrito!
  • Rice Krispies
  • Brownies
  • Spaghetti with bread and butter or Jacob's amazing garlic bread

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how freaking fast time is going by!!! I am so excited for your Sacramento baby shower! I told Jo I would help her with whatever, I'm excited! Where are you registered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bean can see! That's awesome. Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete