Tuesday, June 23, 2009

29 Weeks

WOW. Next week will begin the countdown. At the beginning it totally seemed like I'd never get to this point. Now, I look back, and it has truly flown by. Time is so weird.

Our friends Tim and Elaine welcomed their new daughter Daphne yesterday...Or the night before yesterday, I'm not sure. I am DYING to see pictures. Congratulations, Tim and Elaine, and welcome baby Daphne Grace!

Jacob's first father's day was fun. We cooked corned beef, cabbage and carrots, and my mom cooked some yummy potatoes. I also baked a ridiculous amount of chocolate chip cookies. Jacob's dad came over, as did Beth, Seth and the boys. We ate lots of food and then, after everyone left, I crashed. I think I went to bed at like 8:30. It was a great day, though!

How I'm Feeling
For the most part I feel pretty great. My short time of having energy is coming to a close, though. I'm still able to stay up later (10:30ish) but mornings are KILLING me. The aches and pains are becoming more frequent as well, which has been fairly annoying. I don't really like making pained noises every time I move, but that's just the way it is, I guess.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from babycenter.com)

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

(I also read that, in the correct light, Bean is able to see shadows/silhouettes. Crazy!)

Cravings
  • Popcorn
  • Quesadillas
  • Pina Colada Icees

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a fun Fathers Day. Wow, each week I'm baffled by how much closer and closer we are getting. Crazy! Can't wait for your baby shower!

    ReplyDelete