Tuesday, June 16, 2009

28 Weeks

Thought this was weird - according to my buddy group ticker:

2 months 22 days until Bean is due!
2 years 2 months and 2 days since Leanna and Jacob tied the knot!

No matter who you ask, I am officially in my third trimester. THAT IS WEIRD. It really hit me last night. 12 weeks until my due date. Very, very soon, we will have a little baby in our house. A little baby that is OURS. I can hardly even put it into words. Needless to say I am pretty emotional today. It's just so huge and amazing.

We got to see my brother and sister in law yesterday. It was awesome! Larissa is about a month behind me pregnancy-wise, which has been really cool. We took some cute pictures - I'll try to get them posted here soon.

How I'm Feeling
My energy levels are definitely declining, but my desire to be productive is on the rise! I find myself compelled to tidy up and to exercise - two things I did NOT enjoy until a couple days ago. Sadly, my body is not as good at being active as it once was, and I find myself pushing too hard and ending up in pain. So, I'm trying to take it slowly and remind myself that even though it feels like I'm not working hard enough, I am!

I finally had a truly uncomfortable morning with intense abdominal pain. (Nothing to worry about! Nora said it was probably just trapped gas. Attractive, no?) I've sailed through so easily until this point in time that I have a hard time being annoyed that this morning sucked so much, though.

Oh, also (TMI warning, boys look away), I am producing colostrum! It is bizarre. That is all I'll say about that.

What Bean's Doing
I got some majorly different info from a few different sites, so I'm just going to throw up the highlights this week.
  • Bean has eyelashes
  • The folds and creases of the brain are forming
  • Hair is growing longer and thicker
  • Fat is piling up and smoothing the baby's skin out
  • Bean measures anywhere between 14.5 to 16 inches long
  • Bean weighs anywhere from 2 to 4 pounds
  • The baby is in the process of flipping into a good, head down birthing position (hopefully)
Cravings
  • Tacos (I have decided that tacos are my favorite food)
  • Cotton candy (this happened after EVERYTHING smelled like cotton candy to me for about a day)
  • Coffee/espresso drinks

No comments:

Post a Comment