Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thirteen Weeks

Ok, so. Am I in my second trimester? According to some, yes. According to others, I still have another week to go. I've decided that it SO doesn't matter. All that matters is that our Bean is thirteen weeks old!

Oh, and I'm 19 years old! Birthday was on Sunday. Woohoo.

How I'm Feeling
Pretty much hungry and tired, but other than that...I am fantastic! My mom and I went shopping this past weekend, and I bought my very first pair of maternity pants. I am in love with them. So, so cozy. They are still a bit big, but they're so much better than wearing my too tight regular pants.

I posted belly pictures on Facebook. I'll probably post them on here at some point, but if you'd like to see them sooner and don't have access to Facebook, let me know and I'll email them to you.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from momswhothink.com)

Your baby is actually quite large by now, a whopping 3 inches long in some cases and weighs in at roughly .7 ounces. By 13 weeks pregnant your baby’s intestines are working on maturing and your baby’s tiny pancreas is working hard to produce insulin. This will help your baby regulate her blood sugar levels in the months and years following delivery.

Your baby’s eyes also start to move closer to the center of your baby’s head. The head can move easily from side to side and up and down, and the facial features are starting to form. Your baby’s arms have almost reached final proportion and length, though the legs are still quite short relative to the baby's body. At 13 weeks pregnant, your baby can now probably flex its arms and kick its legs. He or she may also be able to put a thumb in his or her mouth, although the sucking muscles are not yet completely developed.

The sockets for all twenty teeth are formed in the gums, and vocal cords are beginning to form. Other things happening at this time are the appearance of fingernails, the beginnings of fingerprints and footprints, the start of vocal cord formation, the appearance of visible ribs. The trachea, lungs, stomach, liver, pancreas, and intestines are developing into their final functioning form.


1 comment: