Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Twelve weeks

This is it...At the end of this week, I will officially be in my second trimester! I am so, so excited.

Isn't Bean getting cute!? I love looking at my ticker and seeing the little cartoon baby of Bean's size float around. All week, I have been thinking of Bean touching his/her face and maybe even sucking his/her thumb a bit.

In other news, I am starting to feel more and more as if Bean is a girl. However, that COULD be due to my complete love for the name Eleanor...

How I'm Feeling
I've been really struggling with this weird cold thing and it sucks a lot. It zaps even more energy out of my already tired body, which results in crankiness, headaches and falling asleep at 8:30. However, I am so thankful to have my sweet husband who takes such good care of me. He's the best! Also...Pants are DEFINITELY struggling. I think I'm going to head to the mall soon and buy some jeans in a larger size rather than maternity pants, since I would feel crazy wearing maternity pants at 12 weeks in my first pregnancy.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from babycenter.com)
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

1 comment: