Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fifteen Weeks

Sunday morning: I think I felt Bean move! At first, I convinced myself that it wasn't the baby, since it was SO quick and it's so early. However, after talking to my boss (who had a baby in November) and Beth (Jacob's sister)...It sounds like it was Bean! I am so excited at the thought and I am dying for it to happen again. It felt like a quick flutter or like when your eye twitches...only in my uterus. Hooray!

Also, happy Saint Patrick's Day! St. Patty's is one of my very favorite holidays. I LOVE the food, I look good in green (or orange) and I'm proud to be Irish. Our delish corned beef and cabbage dinner will be on Thursday at the Carlson's, but we get to feast on one of my prego cravings tonight - pulled pork sandwiches! Woohoo!

How I'm Feeling
I am feeling weird! I spend 10 minutes feeling great, then I get a killer headache, then I feel good again, then I am EXHAUSTED, then I feel good, then another headache...It's impossible to keep up! Plus, my emotions are REALLY enjoying a nice roller coaster ride. However, I am not nauseous all day and I managed to avoid morning sickness this morning although I was VERY close to a disaster, so I think after all is said and done, I am truly feeling better. Bean is growing like a weed, too! I have quite the belly these days.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from babygaga.com)

Your nearly four-inch long gymnast is happily mobile inside your womb and if you're really lucky, you’ll notice a point when your sneezing, coughing or laughing results in a little kick here or a poke there. Still, many women don't feel anything until the 17th week or later. Although the poking and kicking isn't very charming during sleeping hours, it’s a good sign as it means your baby is actually reacting to outside events. Yay! You’ve got yourself one active healthy baby! Their little elbows and knees are bending more freely this week and their little legs are finally growing longer than their arms and getting pumped up for prenatal Richard Simmons. Many of their major organ systems are increasing in capacity—particularly that amazing tiny heart and complex circulation system, which is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood per day, and will increase to a very impressive 200 quarts per day by the end of the pregnancy. As far as hair goes, we’ve got some new scalp patterns beginning to develop on the head, although actual head hair is not yet present.

New Section: Cravings

I decided to add a cravings section for two reasons. The first is that I actually do want to keep track of the weird things I crave so that for future pregnancies, I can compare because I'm weird like that. The second reason is that I love talking about food.

  • Pulled pork sandwiches (from Fat Daddy's, or made by Charlotte!)
  • Tamales from Guadalajara
  • Mustard
  • Homemade hamburgers (which is REALLY, really, REALLY weird as I normally spend my time hating burgers)
  • Fresh fruit like peaches, pears, plums, apricots, nectarines, mangoes, etc.
  • Jacob's garlic bread
  • Something that I have just named Kelly Goulash - it consists of yellow rice, chipotle sausage and chicken. I put green olives in mine, too

6 comments:

  1. for some reason 4 inches seems incredibly long.

    weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I had a weird thought, since we are only like a week and a few days apart, we could totally have our babies the same day. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I crave all of those, except the stupid fruit. What does that say about me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, yes. Flutter=exciting times. And soon the flutter will turn into kicking. I saw my belly move from a kick last night. I love being reminded that there is a little person in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your posts very much. Fantastic idea to list cravings to compare next time around. I'm glad you're starting to feel better, too!

    stacey

    ReplyDelete