Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sixteen Weeks

After feeling the baby move for the first time the Sunday before last, I was dying for it to happen again. Finally, somewhere between 2:00 and 4:00 this morning (while I was awake, watching silly TV) Bean kicked me quite a few times! I was thrilled and figured it would take another week or so to feel anything again. Instead, Bean decided to kick me some more this morning! It's soooo amazing. I LOVE feeling those little taps and being reminded that our little baby is in there, swimming around and (as I read this morning) making faces!

How I'm Feeling
I'm still getting headaches, but they are lessening in severity and length, which is lovely. They are, to me, obviously related to being at work. Whether it's due to straining my eyes or straining my neck, I'm not sure. I am getting my eyes checked on Friday (as is Jacob) so hopefully that'll help narrow it down. The only new lame thing is heartburn EVERY time I eat or drink something other than water. But, if that's the worst it gets for the rest of the pregnancy...I am SO ok with that.

I am now experiencing increased peeing (for the first time in my life I am waking up in the middle of the night just to pee - INSANE), it's getting harder to sleep through the night and I am having THE craziest dreams. Last night, I woke up with my heart POUNDING from a "nightmare" that consisted of Jacob spilling powdered sugar on the kitchen floor, then someone jumping up behind me and going "Blarghrgarghrag" and then that person turning into a giant turkey with a picture of Elaine from Seinfeld taped to the side of it and running away. Out of control.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from babycenter.com)

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

Also, momswhothink.com says: Your baby can hold his or her head erect, and the development of facial muscles allows for a variety of expressions, such as squinting and frowning.

AWESOME!

Cravings

Not as many as last time...

  • Chili
  • Cheesy bread from Papa Murphy's
  • Pasta salad
  • BBQ food (hot dogs, watermelon, lemonade...I crave these all at once)
  • Baked treats (cookies, brownies, cake, etc.)
  • Egg salad sandwich

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome you can feel kicking! I'm only a week behind you, but I haven't felt anything yet. Maybe I just don't know what it's supposed to feel like. My doctor did say I will most likely feel something when I am more inactive, like laying down or relaxing. That's freaking exciting though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the craziest dream I ever heard! Bean is a tap dancer already. We should have saved the costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited when I finally realized what Tanner moving was. It happened for awhile before I realized what it was. So very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at your dream! That's so amazing that you can feel your little bean moving! Great that you're not feeling as yucky, too. Is it not normal to crave bbq and brownies? ;]

    stacey

    ReplyDelete