Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nine Weeks

Whew! This past week was crazy. My mom's party/birthday weekend was wonderful. She was SHOCKED to see my brothers and their families there, and we had a great time together. It was so nice to see them!

Last night, I had blood drawn for the first time! I was super nervous about it, but I prayed and my nerves were instantly calmed. The lady who drew my blood was very, very good. It was over so quickly, and only hurt a tiny bit. Actually, the skin irritation I got from the band aid was worse than the needle! I'm very glad to have it done.

How I'm Feeling
Fat. Let me explain, though. I really have no problem getting huge and round. I'm looking forward to it! At this point, though, I don't look pregnant. I just look chubby. That's not as fun as having a baby belly. The morning sickness is going in and out. I have very good days (today), ok days (yesterday) and bad days (not for a while, though). I feel as if I'm coming out of the rough part of pregnancy and into T2 aka the honeymoon trimester. Also, in two weeks we get to hear Bean's heartbeat! I can't wait.

What Bean's Doing
(from babygaga.com)
Congratulations! Your amazing growing baby has been accepted into to the fetus-club, a very exclusive and exiting new stage in their prenatal development. Basically, this means the little sweet pea has graduated from swimming embryo creature to a recognizable human being! This week in particular, the irises of their little eyes can function, but (frustratingly for them?) their eyelids remain fused shut for a while yet. Their external ears are formed and their inner ears are now filled with fluid—so your little one is already developing their sense of balance. Your baby's little swimmer legs are still relatively, although other bodily developments are going forward at a nice pace: their kidney is actually functioning now, which means they’ve started urinating (this might seem charming now but wait till you have to start buying diapers!).

(Also, I read elsewhere that the baby's sex organs are already developed! Weird, huh?)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your mommy's surprise went well. I'm sure you were exaughsted afterwards. Getting blood drawn isn't so bad the first time. But, when problems arose and I had to have it many times - well, it was ridiculous. I'm excited for you to hear the heartbeat as well, and I need to see you to tell you that I don't think you look chubby. I'm sure you don't. I can't even imagine it.

    ReplyDelete