Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Eleven weeks

160 beats per minute. Those words have popped into my mind at least 50 times today. Bean's heart was thumping away last night. Nora was able to find it pretty quickly, too! It was so surreal and amazing. It actually had more of an impact than I thought it would. I mean, I was excited and thought it would be cool, but it just feels so completely real now. I think I was kind of holding back a tiny bit until we had that confirmation.

How I'm Feeling
Sometimes better, sometimes sick...Always tired. I keep saying, "Oh, I'm doing SO much better." and then I spend the afternoon praying to keep my lunch down. I've been fighting/suffering from a cold for a while, which has been annoying. I HATE waking up to a sore throat and stuffy nose. I am also starting to get a, "WE HAVE SO MUCH TO DO" feeling that bugs me pretty much all day. However, by the time I get home, I'm too sleepy to DO any of it. Waiting for the "honeymoon" of trimester 2...

What Bean's Doing
(taken from babygaga.com)

Maybe you’ve noticed… your baby is a super-duper grower! Your lil' fetus will be gaining a substantial amount of weight this week and has already achieved fruit-size-status comparable to a plum. What's more, your little scientist is already starting to explore their body, focusing most intently on touching their head, and especially their face and mouth. Their mouth in particular will provide them with hours of entertainment. This happens not only because your baby is gaining coordination, and is therefore able to move a hand on command, but also because their palms have gained sensation and can actually “feel” what it touches.They're also developing their swallow reflex this week. And lastly, your baby's smelling and other olfactory senses will begin developing this week, which when combined with the maturing taste buds, will provide your baby with their first experiences of taste and smell.

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting I can't wait to hear the heartbeat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heartbeat...I always thought it sounded just a bit like a horse galloping. And, it was so reassuring for me to think - if a baby's heart can thump like a horse can run - then my baby is super healthy. I don't know, maybe it was pregnancy brain. But, I found it to be awesome. And, I'm glad that Head got to go to the appointment with you. Yay! How awesome that Bean can feel things and is developing his sense of smell!?! Bean is obviously a genius already.

    ReplyDelete