Wednesday, July 29, 2009

34 Weeks

Feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment, so this'll probably be a short one.

I got some lame news about my post-baby work situation. I was hoping that my current company would agree to a part time from home position for after I have Bean. Because of some really, really, really sucky circumstances (other employees being extremely selfish and insane, basically) it looks like that's not going to happen. I would be glad to be rid of work, but when I work I get money, which helps quite a bit. So, now I'm trying to figure out what to do. Prayers for guidance and peace would be really appreciated!

In happier news, my second baby shower is this weekend, and I am so, so, SO excited!

Also, tonight is our last birthing class at the Breastfeeding Support Center. I've really enjoyed the classes and learned a few things. Mostly, I've liked watching the birthing videos and learning all the different birthing positions.

On Monday, we had to squeeze ice cubes for a full minute to get a VERY vague idea of what a contraction will be like. The first time through, the instructors tried to be distracting while the TV was on and the lights were all on. I found myself laughing and not really paying attention to the pain and cold from the ice cube. Jacob pretended to be a space shuttle in order to cope with the ice cube. The second time around, they made a relaxing atmosphere with nice music, our "birth partners" massaging our shoulders or somesuch, etc. I actually found that the relaxing one was harder for me because all I had to focus on was the ice cube! It was very interesting, although I honestly don't think it'll do very much to prepare me for labor.

How I'm Feeling
Physically, I'm doing pretty dang well. Still getting heartburn, shortness of breath and all that stuff, but my pelvic pain has let up, which is AWESOME! I'm really trying to be good about walking every day, but I suck at it...A lot. Perhaps I should make a rule that I can't have dessert until after I walk. That would certainly get me motivated.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from baby-gaga.com)

Your amazing baby is on the move! They’ve been riding fairly high in your stretched-out womb till now (while kindly compressing your poor internal organs), but now they’re planning on making the big move to your pelvis this week. If you haven’t noticed it already, you’ll be feeling the weight shift that signals that your baby is most likely out of breech position, with their head now resting on your pubic bone. In liver news: although not quite fully formed, your little miracle’s liver is now capable of processing a certain amount of waste. In general, most of your child’s prenatal physical development is pretty much up to snuff and ready for the outside world. Naturally, further weight gain is expected—so you’re still not at maximum capacity despite probably feeling like you definitely are maxed out.

Also, I read elsewhere that Bean is no longer floating in the aminotic fluid and is instead resting against my uterus.

2 comments:

  1. I got annoyed with those because I could never remember what I was craving.

    ReplyDelete