Tuesday, July 21, 2009

33 Weeks

Spent the weekend at a campground for Jacob's family reunion. It was fun, hot and tiring! Thankfully, we had an air conditioned trailer (with toilet) to lounge in when necessary, but I did get my fair share of heat and sun. Luckily, no sunburn! It was really nice to see the few members of his family that I actually knew, plus meet many more, including a bunch of people from Switzerland.

We attended our first birthing class last night, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I knew most of the info, but I did learn a couple new things. We got to learn and practice some birthing positions, learned some stretches and exercises, breathing techniques and various other things. We also got to make collages. Still not sure what that was all about, but it was fun! At our next class, we get to see our first video of a real birth. It'll be interesting to see what everyone's reaction is...Jacob and I have both been at actual births and watched The Business of Being Born together, so I can't really imagine being too shocked.

How I'm Feeling
Right now, I'm in an awful mood, probably due to the fact that I had a terrible night of sleep. I've experienced pain in my pelvis/hips for a while now. It goes from ok to terrible to ok again, so I haven't done much about it. Last night, though, I literally couldn't move without yelping due to the pain. So, I tried sleeping sitting up, which resulted in me not sleeping and also tweaking my neck. Bean decided this was a good time to up the movement, so while not sleeping and dealing with pain in my neck, hips and pelvis, I also experienced the most painful jabs Bean could muster up. I was able to kind of enjoy Bean's movements, though, because they were SO strong and I could feel so many body parts. All in all, it was a night I do not wish to recreate any time soon.

Yesterday, though, I experienced such elation and joy and excitement that I could hardly live with myself. You can call me Mrs. Mood Swing, I suppose. Or Mrs. Grumpy If I Don't Sleep Enough.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from baby-gaga.com)

For all the weight and bulk you’re lugging around these days, you’d think your little champ should weigh much more than a mere 5 lbs and measly 17 inches in height, but nope, that’s about the average size for a baby in its thirty-third week. In terms of appearances, they’re getting cuter and pudgier every minute as they pile on the baby fat for those adorable little wrist rolls and chubby toes. And as we’re sure you’ve already noticed they’re getting stronger with every passing day. Nowadays, it’s possible to observe a well-placed kick just by watching your belly—but you already knew that didn’t you? Although they’re getting stronger, your bigger-by-the-day baby is losing space to move around, so the actual rate of movement will drop off in the last few weeks, despite that powerful drop-kick they’ve been working on. Hey, did you know you’ll continue feeling their movements even during labor?

Just For Fun
I stole this from Tiffany...

How far along? 33 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Around 30 pounds, I think.
Stretch marks? I am a walking stretch mark.
Sleep: Goes from glorious to awful. Last night was awful.
Best moment this week: Listening to music with Bean last night. S/he likes Lisa Hannigan and Damien Rice.
Food cravings: Shrimp, anything lemon, baby carrots.
Gender: Only God knows!
Labor Signs: Some Braxton-Hicks, which I don't think really count as labor signs.
Belly Button in or out? It fluctuates from sticking WAY out to sticking out only a bit. Depends on where Bean's laying.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, being free of pelvic pain.
What I am looking forward to: Crossing the last item off my baby to-do list and, of course, meeting the baby!
Weekly Wisdom: Water is wonderful. Also, seriously put your feet up any time you can.
Milestones: Bean is the weight of a pineapple!

No comments:

Post a Comment