Wednesday, July 8, 2009

31 Weeks

I am completely scatterbrained today. I also feel exceptionally anxious and full of nerves. I don' know what my problem is. My brain is very much, "YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO DO! DO IT ALL NOW! ALL AT ONCE!" and then I just end up sitting here with like 7 projects open, accomplishing nothing. Bleh.

This Saturday is the first of TWO baby showers that some of my favorite people are throwing me. I am so blessed! I am really, really excited about the whole experience. Plus cake.

The time is drawing near for the beginning of my maternity leave. (Actually, that's one of the things I'm juggling today - choosing a start date and all that.) The date I am looking at is just over six weeks away. SIX WEEKS?! Is this some sort of joke?! Soon we will be starting our birthing classes, then a breastfeeding class, and then it'll be time to cross the really surreal things off our baby to-do list, like installing the car seats and washing all the baby clothes. It is so exciting, so unbelievable, and tends to cause ridiculous amounts of butterflies to flit around in my stomach while Bean dances away.

How I'm Feeling
Well, aside from all that up there, I am feeling (physically) both great and not-so-great. I can still do my makeup while sitting on the floor and can stand up all by myself, but for some reason rolling over in bed is basically the equivalent of climbing Everest with a panda bear riding on my torso. My aches and pains seem pretty balanced for now, so I'm praying that the balance lasts.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from baby-gaga.com)

Your not-so-little-one is just a bit closer to their birth weight and height at around 4 pounds and 17 inches. With each added layer of baby fat, your baby's skin starts to look more and more like it will when they finally get to see the light of day. The heavy news: you can expect your miracle-gro muffin to gain about a half a pound of weight per week from now until about two weeks before birth. Great. That's just what you needed. Even more weight to carry around!

Your baby's still-developing immune system has gained substantial strength over the past few weeks getting them in full gear to face our disease-ridden world o’ wonders. Obviously, a large majority of your child’s immune strength will be derived from exposure to breast milk as well as the outside elements. Their cute little noggin’ (which could already be covered with luscious locks or just purty peach fuzz), is still soft because the skull bones have not yet fused together. As much as that sounds a little too vulnerable, their “skull softness” allows for a much smoother passage through the birth canal during labor—something both you and your little swimmer will appreciate when it’s finally time to “go!” Also, some babies will have that “soft spot” on their head for up to one year after birth.


Cravings

  • Caramel frap from Starbucks
  • Chocolate covered strawberries (which my mom somehow KNEW and brought me some!!!)
  • Lemon bars
  • Round Table pizza
  • Twizzlers
  • a dessert I used to order from Macaroni Grill. It's called like "Zamboni" or something. Or is that the giant truck that smoothes the ice at a skating rink?

2 comments:

  1. Time is FLYING. I can't wait for your shower on Saturday (and for the cake)! I posted this on FB too, but rolling over in bed is seriously the hardest thing ever. Walking around the grocery store for a hour seems easier than tossing and turning all night. See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super weird thing just happened. I wanted to see how many days you had left and as the page reloaded, a very, uh how should I say, male protrusion flashed on the swimming baby picture and then receded back into the "intimate" area of the baby. Could that be foreshadowing of a boy? Either way, your coming into the home stretch. Andrew and I can't wait to meet our new nephew?niece?

    ReplyDelete