Friday, January 16, 2009

Nora

We met with Nora (the midwife) for the first time last night. It was just a "get to know you" and question/answer meeting, but it went really well. Honestly, she answered every question as I hoped she would. Jacob and I left feeling confident and excited that she was the person who would help us bring our little Bean into the world!

The next step is to call her back, tell her yes and make the next appointment. She said that the next appointment would last one and a half to two hours, and in that time, she would go over nutrition, exercise and stress management. I am REALLY excited that she offers those things as part of the deal, as I've been worried about getting the nutrients Bean and I need.

Also, I think I'm only about one and a half weeks away from being able to hear Bean's heartbeat for the first time! I can hardly think about anything else. I can't wait for that day!

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhh, I wanna see you with a baby in your tummy!!

    -matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're adorable! Wow, you're brave to have your baby at home.....I think I'm hospital all the way when that time comes. It will be interesting to read about your experiences. =]

    Love, love, love that you call the baby 'Bean'.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete