Tuesday, August 25, 2009

38 Weeks

14 days to go until my EDD! I am now on official maternity leave and loving every moment of it. Yesterday, I realized that I could do whatever I felt like. It made me pretty giddy. I am trying to use this time wisely as I know this freedom will be over when Bean gets here and won't return until Jacob and I are empty nesters!

This week is filled with plans to clean, organize and prepare. I am trying to complete at least one room per day, making sure to rest whenever I feel the need. Yesterday was kitchen day with various bouts of organizing and picking up around the house. Today, I'm tackling the living room, both bathrooms and the dining area. Sadly, this morning wasn't too productive, mostly due to the fact that I ate an entire La Cabana breakfast burrito and then spent the next hour being super full.

My good internet buddy went into labor the night before last and after a loooooong labor had her sweet baby girl! Well, I hope she's had her baby girl - haven't received confirmation yet. However, she texted at 9.5 cm, so I'm thinking that means baby is here. I am so thrilled for her! I remember finding out she was pregnant only a couple weeks before I got my own positive. It's been such a cool journey to share with her. Congratulations to her & hubby, and welcome to her sweet little babe!

How I'm Feeling
As usual, good! I'm still sleeping very well at night (got 10 hours last night!) and, aside from the random pains and such, I feel great. Very much looking forward to cooler weather, though...Pregnancy is HOT!

What Bean's Doing
(taken from baby-gaga.com)

As you know, you've arrived at the final leg of your pregnancy journey, and if you're still carrying your little love around, they've just about reached their birth weight (somewhere between 6 to 8 pounds is average depending on whether they're a boy or girl). There really isn't a lot to report on baby this week, so lets do a quick recount of where we're at: all internal organ systems are pretty much ready for the outside world, they've got their meconium stockpile building up (their first black baby poo), lots of healthy baby fat, a rapidly developing brain (that'll keep growing with them for years to come), and they've more or less reached official baby status-- all they need to do is "head out" and say hello to the rest of the world and especially their ready-to-pop momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment