Tuesday, August 18, 2009

37 Weeks

I am officially full term. This milestone comes with extra excitement, nervousness and a true nesting instinct. Unfortunately, I was sad to find out that the nesting instinct doesn't really come with energy. While I feel compelled to clean and organize, my body continues aching and becoming more and more exhausted. Hopefully it'll get easier next week - my first week of maternity leave!

I realized the other day that I'm really going to miss being pregnant. I can't wait to meet Bean and have him or her here, and I know that I'm ready to sleep on my stomach again, but I know I will miss feeling kicks and rolls, always having my baby near me, etc. It's such an amazing time. I've already found myself looking forward to the next time I get to be pregnant...Watch out, Jacob!

Today, I found out that a HUGE prayer was answered! As most of you know, I tried to work out a part time from home position with my current employer, which was shot down. However, a co-worker of mine took interest in the fact that I would not be returning, and she fought for me to continue writing for my company's blog! It's an even better situation than a part time from home position would've been - my hours are 100% flexible (aside from deadlines, of course) and I'll be able to supplement our income working only a few hours a week. I am SO happy about it!

How I'm Feeling
Tired and sore, but really good other than that. Since the baby dropped, I've been able to breathe easier and I don't get heartburn anymore, which is fabulous. Most of the time I'm just feeling anxious about getting everything ready before the baby decides to come! After a crazy night of cleaning, laundry and baking (aka super nesting) I had some frequent and fairly strong Braxton Hicks contractions. Instead of wanting to rest to make them go away, they just made me want to clean more in case I went into labor!

What Bean's Doing
(taken from baby-gaga.com)

It’s the calm before the storm. Changes in your baby's weight have leveled off with only a few ounces of fat added this week. At this point your baby should weigh in at around 7 lbs and 20 inches (with boys somewhat heavier and longer than girls). Happily, as far as internal organs go, they are now developed enough to function in the outside world although the oh-so-important immune system is still developing and will continue to do so after birth. With a large boost of antibodies provided by breast milk when nursing begins. Fighting infection and staying healthy should be well within their physical capacity when your little fighter is born.

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY know how you feel about the nesting thing! I have SO much desire to get things done, but the motivation to actually do them is whole other story. Haha.

    Congrats on being able to keep your job by doing the blog! God is so awesome and I love that His solutions are always WAY better than anything we were planning on. :)

    ReplyDelete