Tuesday, May 26, 2009

25 Weeks

Only 15 weeks until 09/09/09. I really feel as if someone has pushed fast forward. I had to calm myself by making a checklist, which actually helped a lot. It always makes me feel better to see everything written out and in order. 

We registered on Saturday. I found it to be a lot of fun. I think Jacob started out enjoying it, but it got more and more tiresome as the day wore on. His poor ankle was killing him by the time we were done. We still have a couple items to research/purchase, but, for the most part, it's all set! We also set up the baby's crib and bassinet and put them in "The Bean Pod" with the changing table and dresser. It is so weird to have baby furniture in there! It totally looks like a baby's room and, for whatever reason, it is totally surreal, even though I am obviously aware that there is a baby on the way. It makes me super excited to finish decorating the room. I think it's going to end up looking very cute!

Our friends are meeting their twin girls tonight. The situation surrounding the delivery isn't ideal, but the result is wonderful - two new baby girls that will change their parents lives more and more every day! I am really excited for them, but anxiously awaiting the call/text/email that will say everything went well and both girls are strong and healthy.

How I'm Feeling
I think I may have the beginnigs of third trimester morning sickness. It could just be a fluke, though. My taste/scent senses have become heightened again and I have waves of nausea that pretty much suck my will. I'm still sleeping really well, although I've started to experience pain in my hips that wake me up several times a night. Luckily, I'm able to go right back to sleep. I am totally embracing this nesting thing, especially knowing that it's going to get hotter and I'm going to get bigger. I have a huge list of things I'd like to get done in the house before the baby arrives, but I'm trying to remember that I can only do so much, and that it's more important for me to rest than it is for me to wipe down all the baseboards.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from baby-gaga.com and babycenter.com)

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

Your little grower’s physical proportions are evening out at this point and most of their remaining development will largely be weight gain and lots and lots of nervous system development. The good news is: if your child is born premature now they’ll be more likely to survive without too much trauma as their lungs began to produce “surfactant” last week, which means their tiny respiratory system is getting stronger with each passing day. Yes, now’s a good time for a minor sigh of relief and a quick pat on the back. All that hard work and conscientious living is really getting your child prepared for a healthy delivery. Keep up the fabulous work mama! This week they’ll be scootching slowly out of the old breech position and start rotating (already!) into a better position for exit during their birth. Their head and feet are slowly rotating so that the head is pointed down towards the birth canal. Time is short (or really long, depending on who you ask)—just (still!) 14 weeks left before you can go back to being a single-resident human.

Cravings 
  • Pretzels
  • Hot dogs
  • Cherries
  • Top Ramen
  • Cake (strawberry cake with my favorite frosting)
  • Peanut butter cookies (thanks to my mom)
  • Strawberry ice cream (thanks to my mom again)

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha...wiping down the baseboards...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want cake. That's awesome your registry is done, did you register at BRU? I think I need your help in creating a check list, I am way too lazy for mine own good. I go through periods of nesting, but they ware off too easily. I hope I don't get 3rd tri MS, I feel like I just got over MS!! I can't wait to meet our babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, now I want cake AGAIN! The power of suggestion...

    Nope, we just registered at Target and at a local boutique here called Sweet Baby Jane. I figured Target had everything we needed/wanted, and Redding doesn't have a BRU.

    I think the nesting thing gets stronger as your due date gets closer. I've been told a few times that in the month before you have your baby, you go nesting crazy. That would be nice!

    I can't wait to meet our babies, either! :D

    ReplyDelete