Tuesday, May 12, 2009

23 Weeks

Exciting news - Jacob and I have finally settled on a green for Bean's room! We went from elaborate (Totoro mural) to simple (green) but could NOT agree on a shade of green that we both liked. Thankfully, over the weekend, we found one, and now I can't wait to get Bean's room all set up! Thanks to Seth and Beth, we pretty much have all the furniture we need for the nursery, so literally as soon as we can paint we can have the room set up!

My "first" Mother's Day weekend was wonderful. I received sweet cards from my dear husband and mom, as well as fun presents, including the CUTEST "first year" baby book ever.

I stuck headphones on my belly this week. Bean didn't like most of the stuff I played, but so far Phish, Jason Mraz, Lisa Hannigan and Rachmaninoff have recieved responses. I definitely get the best response from Bean when I sing, though. I don't know if that means s/he likes it or hates it, but I like the kicking, so I'll continue...

How I'm Feeling
Hungry. Yes, all the time. For example, today's breakfast included a bowl of Raisin Bran, and english muffin with cream cheese and a peach fruit cup. All of that, and I'm just barely full. Jacob is generally quite impressed with how much I'm able to eat. I don't blame him - it's impressive! 

My body's currently fighting off a flu bug that my friend came down with over the weekend. I spent Saturday with her, and then Sunday she got super crazy sick. I definitely don't feel flu-like, but my body is certainly doing SOMETHING. I think it's just my immune system keeping Bean and me healthy.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from babycenter.com)

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

Cravings 
  • Baked potatoes
  • Corn on the cob
  • Twizzlers
  • Eggo waffles with syrup
  • CARL'S JR. HASH BROWNS!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome you got a color picked out, I hope you will post some pictures once the room is up and running!

    ReplyDelete