Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Twenty Weeks

HALFWAY THERE! I can't believe I'm at the halfway point already. It seems like it's taken both an eternity and an instant to get to this point. Now I really feel the pressure to start planning, decorating, cleaning, organizing, etc. We're going to meet our baby so soon!

How I'm Feeling
I'm feeling really good on a day to day basis, but this whole anemia thing is really starting to wear on me. Last time I was tested, my levels had dropped even more, and I'm now at the almost-scary point. I'm feeling it more, too, as far as feeling tired, lightheaded, short of breath and stupid. Hopefully we'll know more facts in the next couple days and be able to target the reason my body isn't absorbing any iron. Prayers are appreciated!

Iron update: Nora called and gave me some good news. My hemoglobin tested at 10.9, which is a tiny, but real, step in the right direction. (I tested at 10.8 the first couple times.) So, I am VERY thankful for the news and hopeful that we can continue to raise my levels. Praise the Lord!

What Bean's Doing
(taken from baby-gaga.com)

This week you're carrying about 10.5 inches and 10.5 ounces of solid baby-miracle-goodness! Their little delicate bones continue to ossify and toughen while their itsy bitsy finger and toe pads are finishing up. Your little monkey now has teeth buds, although they’re hidden beneath the gum line. And finally! Their limbs have reached their relative proportions—no more alien baby! Their cute pink lips are more defined, and might be helping out in a bit of prenatal thumb-sucking. If you have a little boy, then their tiny testes are descending, though they have not yet passed the abdominal wall. What’s more, eyelashes and eyebrows are also visible. At this point, your little one really looks like a miniature baby—and we do mean miniature as your little swimmer currently weighs a mere eighth of their final birth weight. With half the pregnancy behind you, the most significant gains are yet to come!

Cravings

This is going to sound very silly...I KNOW I've had pretty insane cravings this past week, but my prego brain can't remember any of them! How ridiculous is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment