Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nineteen Weeks

...and our second anniversary! Two years ago right this very moment, I was hanging out with my bridesmaids, mom and friend-turned-stylist in a hotel suite, chomping on strawberries while my dear husband carted food to the reception hall. 2.5 hours later, I was walking down the aisle to marry the most wonderful man I could ever imagine. God has truly blessed us!

How I'm Feeling
Pretty much amazing, actually! My glasses have eradicated my headaches and most of my neck aches. It's AMAZING to actually feel normal in the evening. I'm still going to bed pretty early and it takes A LOT Of time to catch up if I stay up super late one night. Like, staying up until midnight on a Friday will have me falling asleep at 8:30 every night for about a week. It's out of control.

Also, I'm REALLY stupid lately. So, that's been interesting.

What Bean's Doing
(taken from babycenter.com)

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

(Also, another site told me that this week is when most people start measuring the baby from head to toe rather than head to booty because the baby's legs are now straight enough. This means that Bean is probably around 10 inches in length from head to toe!)

Cravings

  • Corned beef...
  • Corned beef!
  • Beef that is corned

3 comments:

  1. I think my showers going to be the last weekend in June, it's a little early, but our good friend Amanda is getting married in August so I'm trying to spread out the showers and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!

    LOL @ stupid being interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's been two years since you got married. I told my mom it was your anniversary and said something like, "the first one was so exciting". She said, "they've been married at least two years." I had to think about it, but then I was like, "THAT IS CRAZY!!" But I knew it was true. :) Congrats on that.

    I remember the whole stupid thing. It was good times...

    ReplyDelete